Monday, June 14, 2010

Why To Have a Blog Spot

Dear Friends,
Given the space constraints in the paper I am working for, most of my stories find very little space and sometime no space at all. Result in such a situation is obvious: The stories which appear are trimmed sometimes so badly that the entire complexion of theirs is changed, much to the dismay of author.
In a bid to content myself, I have created this blog page today and henceforward I will post (most of) my stories here..
Though a blog page is not meant for news items, but I think that in view of the importance of some of the issues raised through news items they ought to be posted there so as to serve as 'food for thought' for the relevant and interested persons/stakeholders.
For example, many a time mainstream media does not bother giving proper coverage to the issues faced by this part of Kashmir in their true perspective as well as the statements of our public office holders thereupon. I will place not only my stories on issues but also important statements of Kashmiri leaders on my blog page to provide firsthand knowledge to interested readers across the world.
Gradually, I will also start writing blog as there are various "sensitive" issues which are either hardly penned or which fail to find space in our respective organisations for failing in line with their "policies."
Let me also admit that my knowledge or skill vis-a-vis website management is really very poor... As yet I don't know how to upload pics.. So the blog page would not look very impressive in the beginning. But rest assured with the passage of time you will observe improvement.
Please do give me your feedback.
Best regards
Tariq Naqash

No comments:

Post a Comment